Yesterday was awesome. I was lucky enough to share some early morning miles with a friend, see my Shorty kick some butt in his race, enjoy a relaxing day (thanks to Whole Foods and their pre-cooked bird and ham, along with my well-planned food prep earlier in the week), and share a supremely gluttonous evening with dear friends. Throughout the day, I enjoyed seeing everyone’s FB posts and holiday wishes, sharing the things they’re thankful for. And while I usually throw out a similar post at the end of the day on Thanksgiving, I skipped it yesterday. I wanted to just be present in the day and appreciate all that I could in the moment. Today, I thought it might be fun to make a list. I am a list-maker after all… So, here is what I have to be thankful for:
- My husband. He is the love of my life, my rock, and the reason we are able to enjoy this amazing life. I can’t imagine going through all these adventures without him.
- My son. Life-changing love that only a mother can understand. The other love of my life.
- Friends that feel like family. You know who you are.
- My Family. Even though they’re far away, I am grateful for them all and think of them every day.
- My health. I am grateful that I COULD get up and run in the dark with a friend on Thanksgiving day, and nearly every other day for that matter.
- My job. I am TRULY fortunate to be able to do something I am extremely passionate about. I am beyond lucky to be able to continue my education and pursue health coaching and experience incredible transformation along the way.
- My running peeps. Some of you I’ve known for a decade or more. Others continue to come into my life, sharing this crazy passion, and I am a better person for knowing all of you!
- This beautiful state we live in. AZ rocks.
- Not shopping on Black Friday. I can’t even.
Gratitude doesn’t have to wait until Thanksgiving. Take some time out of your day and think of all the things you’re thankful for. I’m willing to bet you’ll come up with a few, and I hope they make you smile 🙂 .